This routine is designed to ease aching neck and shoulders, increase flexibility in your hips and hamstrings, stretch your chest and decompress your spine. Practice this routine 3-5 days a week directly after you surf on in the evening before bed.
Modifications for beginners:
– If you are uncomfortable sitting cross-legged, sit on the edge of a cushion to raise your hips up.
– Bend your knees as much as you need to in Downward Dog so that your spine is flat and your lower back does not round.
– In Forward Fold, bend your knees as much as you need to.
– If you cannot reach your fingers to the mat in Crescent Lunge Sidebend, rest them on a book or low table.
– Stay up on your palms in Lizard until you have the flexibility to come down onto your elbows.
– In Pigeon, if your hips are not level, put a cushion under the hip of your bent leg.
Follow me on Instagram @yoga15abi and sign up for free videos, tutorials and articles at www.yoga15.com.
This video was first published on The Inertia: www.theinertia.com/health/do-it-yourself-yoga-for-surfers